[linux-dvb] pctv452e driver second try

Dominik Kuhlen dkuhlen at gmx.net
Sun Oct 1 22:06:01 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Sunday 01 October 2006 21:16, Roland Mieslinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when try to build the driver "make config" enters an endless loop (CPU
> usage is high). I've fixed two issus so far:
>
> - v4l/versions.txt: DVB_USB_PCTV452E is missing
Ok, forget to add. DVB_LNBP22 was also missing

> - linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/Makefile: should be
>
> dvb-usb-pctv452e-objs = pctv452e.o
> obj-$(CONFIG_DVB_USB_PCTV452E) += dvb-usb-pctv452e.o
You're right.

> But the loop remains. I've checked the changes to the build env in your
> patch but didn't see the problem.

I can reproduce this behaviour.
I did not try to configre/compile the drivers in this dir hence
this problem did not occur in my setup.

I linked all files in linux/  to a stock kernel and called
"make menuconfig;make modules" in that kernel dir.

Nevertheless the attached patch should fix this issue.

Dominik