[linux-dvb] [patch 0/8] budget_ci: improve IR input handling

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Wed Oct 4 09:35:16 CEST 2006

On Tue, October 3, 2006 22:43, C.Y.M said:
> David Härdeman wrote:
>> I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow...the ir driver for the av7110 uses
>> the Linux input system (i.e. appears as a keyboard more or less), why
>> use
>> LIRC? Exactly what issues do you have?
>
> If I want to use Mythtv with the Nexus-S, then I have to use LIRC.  But,
> everyone that I talk to with a hauppauge card seems to have a "double key
> press"
> problem when trying to use LIRC with those built in IR sensors.

No, you *do not* need to use LIRC with MythTV. I control MythTV, Xine,
Mplayer and Xmame with a remote without using LIRC.

The problem, you're experiencing is that the keypresses are reported as
such from the input subsystem, the X server sees them as keyboard input
and passes them to the program. At the same time, LIRC passes the events
as IR events to the same program....ergo, two actions for one keypress.

The solution is simple, get rid of LIRC

Oh, and your email address bounces...

--
David Härdeman