[linux-dvb] [patch 0/8] budget_ci: improve IR input handling

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Wed Oct 4 09:40:32 CEST 2006

On Wed, October 4, 2006 1:20, Oliver Endriss said:
> Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>> Those double keypress issues are also present when using the linux
>> input system, it's not LIRC dependent at all.
> Solution:
> The application must grab the input device for exclusive access.
> In other words: Get LIRC fixed. ;-)

No, the proper solution is to get rid of LIRC altogether, just use the
input subsystem - it is a much saner solution (and I say this as someone
who has written patches for LIRC in the past).

If any of your favourite apps don't support mapping arbitrary keys to
actions, file a bug report against that app (MythTV, Xine, Mplayer, Xmame
all support mapping keys).

--
David Härdeman