[linux-dvb] [patch 0/8] budget_ci: improve IR input handling

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Wed Oct 4 12:01:12 CEST 2006

On Wed, October 4, 2006 10:44, Torgeir Veimo said:
> On 4 Oct 2006, at 08:35, David Härdeman wrote:
>> The solution is simple, get rid of LIRC
>
> Well I run an application without X while taking input only using the
> linux input system, and I'm still having problems with multiple input
> when pressing a single key. And I don't have LIRC installed. I've
> heard from multiple sources that there are problems with the driver
> code that handles the RC5 reception.

Oh, I see. Then there is in fact a bug in the av7110 IR handling.

However, my patches are against the budget-ci driver, so it's not really
my problem (don't have the hardware so I can't do any real testing or
patching....but the debounce logic could probably be changed in similar
ways in that driver as my patches do to the budget-ci driver...don't know
if it would help though).

I'd still appreciate tests from others using the budget-ci driver with the
patches I've posted.

And I still think people should stop using LIRC when possible :)

--
David Härdeman