[Fwd: Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Supported radio card universal or PCI-X interface]

Emilio Castellano ecastellano at microgenesis.es
Wed Oct 4 16:08:03 CEST 2006

Robin Hill wrote:
> On Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 07:00:00PM +0200, Emilio Castellano wrote:
>
>> Robin Hill wrote:

>>> Aren't they using standard PCI interfaces?  In which case they should be
>>> forward compatible with PCI-X (unless they're 5V cards I guess).  I very
>>> much doubt you'll get a PCI-X interface radio card - the only reason for
>>> choosing PCI-X over PCI is the improved bandwidth.
>>>
>>> Or did you mean PCI-e rather than PCI-X?  And what do you mean by
>>> universal?  I can't imagine any internal interface that coule
>>> described as "universal".
>> One of the projects I'm working on use HP servers with a backplane
>> composed only with PCI-X slots, but many of the boards with radio
>> support working on linux right now use old 5V connection.. (just one
>> division at the external side of the botton).
>> David was right, as universal I refer to those cards supporting multiple
>> voltages (5V and 3.3V). These ones could be plugged in a PCI-X slot and
>> they work the same way a normal PCI does.
>>
> Ah, OK - got ya now.
>
>> That's the reason I'd like to find out if there's a universal radio card
>>  (only radio or multifunction) that works ok.
>>
> Is USB an option for you?  I'd guess you'd have more luck with finding
> something with USB than 3.3V PCI.
And i cannot make work radio in any of the three i found :-(

I didn't try usb ones yet, the goal is capture audio but the servers
doesn't include audio cards, same problem before.

PCI cards have the ability of using the bus instead the line-out line in
connectors of the tuner >---> audio card.

I 'm not sure if usb radio cards could capture using the usb, without a
line in jack of a soundcard, and also if they support radio in a linux box.

Anyway does anybody know a working USB radio card? I could give them a try.

Cheers
--

Emilio Castellano