[linux-dvb] Where to find specifications for user-defined descriptor tags?

Robert Schlabbach robert_s at gmx.net
Fri Oct 6 22:47:48 CEST 2006

From: "Johannes Stezenbach" <js at linuxtv.org>
> On Fri, Oct 06, 2006, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> > Obviously the broadcasters must have released the specifications to at
> > least some receiver makers for implementation.
>
> Hm, it might be possible that these descriptors are handled
> by some MHP application only.

But the stations ARD and ZDF do not offer any receivers nor MHP
implementations, so they must rely on independent receiver makers to
implement their user-defined descriptors. Thus, I conclude that they must
have created some specifications. But how/where would ARD/ZDF publish such
specifications...?

I've looked at www.irt.de but they want money before you can download their
publications, and I didn't find any relevant document in their list... :(

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s at gmx.net