[linux-dvb] dib0700 with hauppauge wintv nova t usb2

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo jose at tribulaciones.org
Thu Oct 12 23:18:49 CEST 2006

El jue, 12-10-2006 a las 14:53 +0200, Patrick Boettcher escribió:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, giluong at libero.it wrote:
>
> > I red your email, as you can see from this page
> > http://wiki.dvbowners.com/index.php/Comparison_Of_Card_Features your
> > hauppauge wintv nova t usb2 has not the dib7000 but a dib300 mc/p inside
> > for information see also this link:
> > http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T_usb2
>
> Please don't confuse people with wrong information
>
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've build latest sources from v4l-dvb and had also a try with this
> > > patch: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-dvb/msg13250.html
> > >
> > > The usb-id of my device is: 2040:7050
> > > Ubuntu edgy with 2.6.17
>
> Your device is not fully supported yet, because the dib7000-driver is not
> finished. It is indeed the DiB7700P inside your stick.

  Though I know that I was going to get the same error than Christian I
checked latest sources with my AverTv Volar stick. There is an error in
file dvb-usb-ids.h, as Volar ID is set to 0x1234. It has to be changed
to 0xb808

  After that device is recognized and firmware is loaded. I am eager to
see a frontend being attached to it.

  Thank you very much for your work on this!

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo at debian.org
--