Freecom DVB-T card tuning, Re: [linux-dvb] Trouble with Pinnacle 310i DVB-T

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Fri Oct 13 00:17:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

Benjamin Gillam wrote:
> This is exactly it! If you add 167k to 489833333 you get basically
> 490000000 which is the frequency that works with this card! [See my
> mail, subject "Tuning problems: Freecom card with USB ID 14aa:0226" on
> 10/10/06 17:19 (it has USB ID 14aa:0225 when cold)]
>
> So how would I go about doing this manually? Because when I scan, the
> frequencies of the other transponders are not accepted... Could it not
> be added in the driver? Automatically add 167k to every frequency
> received if a certain modprobe flag is on? I want it to work with my
> current MythTV setup, which has 2 DVB-T devices already, I don't want to
> have to add more transponders and get MythTV confused over which
> channels are the same or different...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Benjie.
>
> Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Cabrito Estrabico wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>I'm Ubuntu 6.06 LTS user on kernell 2.6.15-27-k7 with the last v4l-dvb
>

> [... cut ...]
>

>>The other issue is that in some countries, the transmitters are off the
>>channel frequency by +/-167kHz. This is the case in Britain, France and
>>Australia, probalbly others too. In the current implementation, you need
>>to correct this manually.
>>
>>Hartmut

It depends. If you use an initial config file i.e. for scan, it should be
possible to do this separately for each transponder.
Adding this in the driver is not a good solution: This is country depending
and the offset is not constant.
A better solution would be either to handle this in the scanning program
or in an extended offset search in the driver.

Best regards
    Hartmut