[linux-dvb] Couple of question regarding installation

Fri Oct 13 12:24:22 CEST 2006

Hello,
I try to install a AVerTV DVB-T USB2.0 [1]. I've read the wiki but were not
able to get all information I needed. A couple of question remain.

Do I have to enable both Video For Linux (VIDEO_DEV) and DVB For Linux (DVB)?
In general, what kernel option do I need? (Encoders and Decoders, V4L USB
devives, ...?)

Is unter Supported DVB frontends the DVB_DIB3000MC the right choice? [2]

Do I need support for the the I2C bus?

My goal is to just watch TV with kaffeine.

Thanks,

Florian

[1] http://www.avermedia.de/cgi-bin/products_digitvtuner_dvbtusb2.asp?show=2
[2] http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#AVerMedia_AverTV_A800