[linux-dvb] HD3000 (cx88) and GA-965P-DS3 Problem.

Steven Toth stoth at hauppauge.com
Sun Oct 15 17:28:57 CEST 2006

> No cx88-dvb is loaded. When I try to load it:
>
> mediacore:~> sudo /sbin/modprobe cx88-dvb
> FATAL: Error inserting cx88_dvb
> (/lib/modules/2.6.19-rc1-mm1conroe/kernel/drivers/media/video/cx88/cx88-dvb.ko):
> No such device
>
> I have tried using the head version of DVB, and updating the kernel to
> the newest -mm patch, with no luck at all. Any ideas on how to debug
> this or fix this problem?

We added patches a few weeks ago to avoid issues like this. Take a look
at the cx88_mpeg_request_acquire function. It calls drv->probe (which
translates into cx88_dvb_advise_acquire). For some reason the probe
fails and the request_acquire function ejects the driver.

I'd do more testing today but time is short, I won't get to this until
late this evening or tomorrow. Feel free to take a loot and/or post any
patches to the list.

Steve