Fwd: [linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy HT PCMCIA

Rainer Schubert lintv at dl6hbo.inka.invalid.de
Mon Oct 16 08:38:32 CEST 2006

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Elias Carotti wrote:

> Hi Rainer,

Hi Elias,

> thanks for you answer.

you are welcome.

Something off topic: You should not try to email this account directly.
As I get lots of spam these days, I have implemented some kind of filter,
which will bounce most email not from the linux-dvb mailing list.
Seems some nasty people are exploiting our email archive.

> I had not run tzap with -r, but I guess that is not the problem. I
> mean, I guess the problem lies somewhere else. Please find attached to
> the end of this email a log of the output of scan- v it-Torino, and
> the output of tzap -r MTV -- MTV.

Well, running "tzap" without the "-r" parameter is one part of your
problem. Maybe you would like to test the w_scan program from a guy
in Austria. It scans all possible frequencies and produces a very
good channels.conf file, with all the frequencies used in your area.

It produced a complete channels.conf file for my area (Hamburg/Germany)
where the dvb-utils scan program lost the ones in the upper range.

w_scan does not need an initial it-region file with frequencies to scan.

Find w_scan attached to this email as a tar.bz2 file.

> Thanks again,
> Elias

Regards,
Rainer