[linux-dvb] Re: LifeView FlyDVB-T Hybrid PCI

Frédéric Massot frederic at juliana-multimedia.com
Wed Oct 18 18:22:12 CEST 2006

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Frédéric Massot wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The kernel 2.6.18 supports the cards LifeView FlyDVB-T PCI, FlyDVB-T
>> DUO PCI, FlyDVB-T Duo Cardbus, FlyDVB-T Hybrid Cardbus.
>>
>> But, will the card FlyDVB-T Hybrid PCI be supported soon?
>
> We need more information to give a reply. There is a big number of slightly
> different cards by this vendor and they are sold aunder many different
> names. It is easily possible that your card already works if you force the
> card drive.

I did not yet buy a DVB-T card, and I seek a card well supported  by
Linux. According to the documentation of the kernel
(Documentation/video4linux/README.saa7134) the chipsets saa7134 are the
best supported and I seek a card with this chipset.

According to the file "CARDLIST.saa7134" the LifeView cards are well
supported.

I try to find a LifeView card (PCI bus) supported by Linux and available
to the purchase such as for example on Amazon.

If you have more information on the LifeView cards, or if you know a
online shop where I can buy one of them (I live in France), that
interests me.  :o)

Regards.
|              FREDERIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic at juliana-multimedia.com   |