[linux-dvb] Re: LifeView FlyDVB-T Hybrid PCI

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Wed Oct 18 22:55:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

Frédéric Massot wrote:
> Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Frédéric Massot wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The kernel 2.6.18 supports the cards LifeView FlyDVB-T PCI, FlyDVB-T
>>> DUO PCI, FlyDVB-T Duo Cardbus, FlyDVB-T Hybrid Cardbus.
>>>
>>> But, will the card FlyDVB-T Hybrid PCI be supported soon?
>>

>> We need more information to give a reply. There is a big number of
>> slightly
>> different cards by this vendor and they are sold aunder many different
>> names. It is easily possible that your card already works if you force
>> the
>> card drive.
>

> I did not yet buy a DVB-T card, and I seek a card well supported  by
> Linux. According to the documentation of the kernel
> (Documentation/video4linux/README.saa7134) the chipsets saa7134 are the
> best supported and I seek a card with this chipset.
>
> According to the file "CARDLIST.saa7134" the LifeView cards are well
> supported.
>
> I try to find a LifeView card (PCI bus) supported by Linux and available
> to the purchase such as for example on Amazon.
>
> If you have more information on the LifeView cards, or if you know a
> online shop where I can buy one of them (I live in France), that
> interests me.  :o)

Well, i don't think that support for cx88 is worse, but of corse all
chips on the card need to be known and we know quite a lot about the
Lifeview cards. If you are looking for a hybrid DVB-T card, you might
also consider the
- Pinnacle 310i
- ASUSTEK P7131 Dual TV
especially due to the fact that the Lifeview cards are known to need a
good signal. If possible, you should have a close look at the card
before you buy it: Many Vendors change the hardware without changing
the name...

Good luck
    Hartmut