[linux-dvb] Typhoon DVB-T Duo CardBus again

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Fri Oct 20 20:46:32 CEST 2006

Hi

ranger719 at web.de wrote:
> Hi,
> I own this card and I am unable to get it working under linux. I have
> posted much info here:
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-3659011.html#3659011(I hope it is
> okay not to post everything here again).
> There you can look at dmesg, lspci etc output and what does/does not
> work. If you need more just ask. You can answer in the forum or here.
> I searched the old topics here about this card but nothing seems to
> work. :( I guess it has something to do with the firmware.
>
> Greetings and Thanks,
> Johannes

The point is this message:

Oct 20 02:01:33 shodan tuner 1-004b: type set to tda8290+75a

Your card is equipped with a tda8275a tuner while the driver expects
a non a version. These are not software compatible.

If your card has 2 tuners, you might be more lucky if you force the
card type to 88. So
modprobe saa7134 card=88
modprobe saa7134-alsa
modprobe saa7134-dvb