[linux-dvb] Reception problems on a single multiplex (Nova-S-Plus)

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Oct 22 11:55:41 CEST 2006

I posted this a few months ago but I've got no further with the problem so
thought I'd re-post it to see if anyone has any ideas now:

I've using a Nova-S-Plus with the 2.6.16 kernel.  The dish is pointing at
Astra 28.2E and I'm getting all but one of the multiplexes without any
problems. The multiplex I'm having problems with is 10.847GHz vertical,
which carries "BBC 1 East (W)", "BBC 1 CI" and "BBC HD".  Using szap to
tune to this multiplex shows a status of "1e" instead of the usual "1f"
and often a non-zero bit error rate:

status 1e | signal f000 | snr ffdc | ber 00000b5e | unc 00000b5e | FE_HAS_LOCK

I'm a bit confused by the meaning of the bits - the one that's missing appears
to be FE_HAS_SIGNAL.  How can you have the other bits set if the card thinks
there is no signal?  (It should be noted that I can record the transport
stream, complete with errors).

What is the likely reason why this would affect just one multiplex?  Other
multiplexes on neighbouring frequencies and the same polarisation are fine
(e.g. 10.817GHz vertical) and also showing the same signal strength.

--

  - Steve