[linux-dvb] Typhoon DVB-T Duo CardBus again

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Tue Oct 24 01:44:00 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, den 24.10.2006, 01:18 +0200 schrieb ranger719 at web.de:
> Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> > The reason for this lies in "GPIO magic". With the configuration for card
> > 88, the GPIO configuration for the channel decoder is wrong, so the DSP in
> > the channel decoder can't boot. But it needs to do this only once after
> > power up. So we need a specific configuration for your card. The question
> > is: How do we separate it from the other cards?
> > By the way: Does your card have a fan?
> >
> > Hartmut
> I can try to remove the casing and make some high-res pictures from the
> chips etc. I can also post more info from lspci, lshw and so on
> (whatever you need).
> As far as I have recognized it does not have a fan (I don't see one,
> too). At least I did not hear it if it went on. But we will see this if
> I open it. I will do this tomorrow.
> > Hermanns Tips depend a bit on the following question:
> > Does your board have 2 tuners or not?
> > Or in other words: Is it supposed to receive analog and DVB-T
> > simultanously?
> I don't know, I will test this tomorrow, too.
> Johannes

you reported also the orange LED on with card=87.

after some search, simultaneously seemed not to be indicated.

Article 50500 either/or (hybrid)

Article 50503 claimed to be the same as 50500
,but the "datasheet" reveals now both at once!

Didn't dig deeper yet, except that we have the same gpio init on the
above mentioned hybrid cards. And LifeView remotes ...

A subdevice 0x0503 might be the dual tuner version then,
but we have:
> Oct 23 10:26:04 shodan saa7133[0]: subsystem: 4e42:0502, board:
> > Tevion/KWorld DVB-T 220RF [card=88,insmod option]
> > Oct 23 10:26:04 shodan saa7133[0]: board init: gpio is 8210000
With that subsystem there are several cards.

Johannes, which article number you have?
Maybe try also i2c_scan=1 for saa7134 and tuner debug=1.