[linux-dvb] Problem - i2c read error on 896 (was Dib7000m-driver released)

Steven Cockeram steven.cockeram at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 19:25:08 CEST 2006

Tomi Koivulahti wrote:
> On 10/17/06, *Patrick Boettcher* <patrick.boettcher at desy.de
> <mailto:patrick.boettcher at desy.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     in my repository (http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pb/v4l-dvb
>     <http://linuxtv.org/hg/%7Epb/v4l-dvb>) I just committed a
>     first working version of the dib7000m/p-driver along with some
>     modifications in the dib0700-driver.
>
>     I tested with a first generation Nova-T stick - it works (AverMedia is
>     identical). There is a chance that someone has the newer version
>     of those
>     devices - it contains a different version of the DiB7000 - I will
>     try to
>     release this one as soon as possible.
>
>     Please load the dib7000m-driver with debug=1 in case it does not
>     work and
>     DiB7000M
>     ...") - success reports (Yes I want them as well) can be replied
>     without
>     changing the subject.
>
>     good luck,
>     Patrick.
>
>     --
>       Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de <mailto:patrick.boettcher at desy.de>
>       WWW:  http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/
>     <http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/%7Epboettch/>

Hello Patrick,

I've just tried the driver on 2.6.18. I get the following:

dib0700: loaded with support for 2 different device-types
dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in cold state, will try to
load a firmware
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw'
dib0700: firmware started successfully.
dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T Stick).
DiB7000M:i2c read error on 896
DiB7000M:-E-  DiB7000M: wrong Vendor ID (read=0x4602)
dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick'
dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick successfully initialized and connected.
usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_dib0700

Steve.