[linux-dvb] nova-t 500 tuning problems

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Mon Oct 30 02:25:02 CET 2006

On 29 Oct 2006, at 22:32, Jon Burgess wrote:

> In your original post you mentioned that you had an older card which
> worked fine with this same setup. Is this still correct that if you
> run
> this same test with the other card then it will receive a signal OK?
>
> If this is the case, then your issue is that the new card doesn't like
> the offset and can only tune using the non-offset 506MHz frequency?
>
> Or do both cards only work at 506MHz now that you've moved?

Only the old card works at 506MHz. I have a tiny antenna which I
tried with force_lna_activation=1, and it seems to pick up at least
one transponder at 522MHz, so it seems it can tune when the offset is
correct (I don't have a proper outdoor antenna to test with..) I
guess I need to wait until some offset issues are resolved in the
nova-t 500 driver then..

I'm still baffled by why the in-wall signal doesn't have the correct
offset though.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com