[linux-dvb] Cam Menu?

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Mon Oct 30 19:54:16 CET 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 04:19:09PM +0000, Andrew Lyon wrote:
>>On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 07:09:32PM +0100, Andrew Lyon wrote:
>> >Is there any util I can use with Technotrend S-1500 with CI to get
>> >into the cam menu? The cam has settings that I need to change,
>> >apparently with a set top box you can go into the cam menu, but I
>> >cannot find any way with a dvb card on linux.
>>
>>Try the "gnutv" app from the dvb-apps repo using the "-cammenu" option
>>
>>--
>>David Härdeman
>>

>Does that work for you?

Yup (using a C-1500)

># dmesg | grep frontend
>DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink MT352 DVB-T)...
>DVB: registering frontend 1 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)...
>
>so I use adapter 1 :
>
># gnutv -cammenu -adapter 1
>
>en50221_tl_handle_sb: Received T_SB for connection not in
>T_STATE_ACTIVE from module on slot 00
>
>en50221_stdcam_llci_poll: Error reported by stack:-7
>
>en50221_tl_poll: CAWrite failed
>en50221_stdcam_llci_poll: Error reported by stack:-2
>
>mythbackend had been running (and using that adapter) but I stopped it
>before running gnutv.

I'd suggest you try it again after a reboot or after unloading/reloading
the budget-ci module, it seems the CAM module was still active after
Myth had been using it.

Also make sure you use recent drivers from the dvb repo, a patch I wrote
was committed a day or two ago, and without it, my CAM would lock up by
simply using a remote control (which would in turn produce lots of
interesting error messages).

--
David Härdeman