[linux-dvb] General approach to scanning for DVB-C and DVB-S

Georg Acher acher at in.tum.de
Fri Sep 1 20:55:17 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 01:52:32AM +0200, Robert Schlabbach wrote:

> Now with an 8MHz channel, the specified Nyquist roll-off of 0,15 limits the
> symbol rate to a maximum of 6956 kbaud. Other symbol rates I know of are
> 6900 kbaud (leaves some frequency margin between channels) and 6875 kbaud
> (a simple division of the 27500 kbaud of the DVB-S transponders which are
> fed into the cable network).

That's what I thought until a few days ago... Then someone sent me the list
for the Swiss Telekabel:

http://www.telekabel.ch/03/h0301.php

They use half channels with 3.45MBit/s and also some off-raster channels
(505 instead 506MHz). I have no clue why they are doing that...
         Georg Acher, acher at in.tum.de
         http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~acher