[linux-dvb] DVB Front-End Signal Strength Inconsistency

Bradley Kite bradley.kite at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 20:57:46 CEST 2006

On 01/09/06, Bradley Kite <bradley.kite at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31/08/06, Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb at lidskialf.net > wrote:
> >
> > On Thursday 03 August 2006 12:51, Bradley Kite wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Please find attached a patch which fixes a few of the front-end
> > > signal-strength functions.
> > >
> > > The actual signal strength values returned by some front-ends are not
> > > consistent
> > > with others, meaning that it makes it hard for applications to
> > interpret
> > > this consistently,
> > > this patch aims to correct this.
> >
> > Looking closer, I would agree with the cx22702 fix... however the other
> > two
> > (mt352 and cx22700) seem to already be 16 bit values (or close), so I'm
> > not
> > sure whether the fixes for those two are valid or not....
> >

> Hi Andrew,
>
> I've just checked these again, and I believe that all three DVB front-ends
> return 8-bit values, by nature of the fact that the read_register()
> functions
> return 8-bit values - but in the mt352 and cx22700 they are indeed stored
> in 16-bit ints, but they are still only 8-bit.
>
> Regards
> --
> Brad.

Hi Andrew,

I've just looked even closer this time and can see that the values returned
from the
read_register functions are actually shifted any ways - so indeed there's no
need to fix
the mt352 and cx22700 front-ends.

Would you like a new patch, or can you just apply the part for the cx22702?

Regards
--
Brad.