[linux-dvb] firmware

phil taylor ptay1685 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 4 01:28:19 CEST 2006

My questions are about firmware for USB DVB tuners, in particular the
DigiTV one.

Question One.

Where is the firmeware supposed to go?

Question Two.

Why is this such a state secret? No one ever mentions this topic. Is it
some kind of race memory? Am I supposed to be pick it up via ESP? lol

I am using Debian Etch. If my tuner is in the warm state (after running
Windows) then Linux picks it up and I can watch and record TV using
Klear, Kaffeine, Gxine, etc.

If I cold boot straight into Linux - the device is not recognised and I
can do nothing.

I have placed the firmware file into /lib/firmware but it makes no
difference.

many thanks in advance,

Phil T.