[linux-dvb] New VP7045 with TDA10046 instead of MT352 (was: VP7045 tuner doesn't work)

Chris Wylie linux-dvb at chriswylie.com
Tue Sep 5 15:07:58 CEST 2006

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> I even think, that is only one firmware which is doing the detection on
> its own. But to be sure we need the usblogs or confirmation from Twinhan.

Okay I have done some usb logs. My observations:

1. It is the same firmware for both devices

2. The firmware is not the same as dvb-usb-vp7045-01.fw

3. The second device (with the TDA10046) has a much larger usb log (5x
larger). After the firmware download (0xa0 requests) there were many
other requests (mostly 0xc1 and a few 0xc2). (What are these?)

I suppose the next step is to extract the firmware from the windows .sys
file, get the driver to load that and see what happens. I will try that
tomorrow.

Thanks,

Chris