[linux-dvb] new tv tuner card

Philip Shead drinnen at optusnet.com.au
Thu Sep 7 14:56:35 CEST 2006

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Peter D. wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I seem to have a new type of tv tuner card not known about by the
>> kernel yet.  How do I go about getting it recognized?
>> I already have a happily working dvb-t card - so I have half a clue
>> what things are supposed to look like.
>> "lspci -s 00:09 -n" gives;
>> 00:09.0 0480: 1131:7133 (rev d1)
>>
>> and "lspci -s 00:09 -v" gives;
>> 00:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7133/SAA7135
>> Video Broadcast Decoder (rev d1)
>>         Subsystem: Unknown device 4e42:3306
>>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 20
>>         Memory at eb105000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
>>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2

>> Thanks in advance.

> This might be a clone of the LifeView LR306 card.
> so please try:
> modprobe saa7134 card=94
> modprobe saa7134-dvb
> If this works, we can easily add an entry to get it detected
> automatically.

   Its working for me which (strange I thought I'd tried
this module after looking up lr306 on the net). It has
one too many composite configured and I haven't checked
the analogue audio, but I get a picture in tvtime
and dvb working in kaxtv and switching beween the
two is mostly fine. (Still having trouble with the mythtv
scan). I'll play with it some more tomorrow (check
audio with some mencoder recordings).