[linux-dvb] How to enable CableStar 2 support?

Ville Aakko ville.aakko at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:16:38 CEST 2006

2006/9/9, dvb <dvb.tsc at mail.ee>:
> Hi
>
> There is stv0297_cs2.c but no menu(config) to enable it

There has never been a working driver for CS2 in a kernel release (or
at least I've never got this card working without downloading drivers
from linuxtv.org). You can get it working by downloading and compiling
the modules from sources from linuxtv.org, but I think CableStar 2
support was dropped about 6 months ago IIRC (it had something to do
with making the code more easily expandable in the future or
something). I've been using a CVS snapshot from last february with
Linux 2.6.16 for some time now. I also think they still have the CVS
available. Try to grab a snapshot from last January or thereabouts
with -D.

If you can't get a version working with CS2 from anywhere, I can email
you a .tar.gz of the dvb-kernel snapshot I have.

Ville Aakko - ville.aakko at gmail.com