[linux-dvb] uk dvb-t woes

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Thu Sep 14 13:43:53 CEST 2006

I've just moved house and most of my channels in my VDR setup for
freeview/dvb-t in the uk stopped working. Channels on the transponder
for Sky 3, Sky News, Sky sports News etc are working.

Strangely, they didn't work on my old Nokia 9850T stb either, but
retuning that box got all channels back. I'm not so lucky with my VDR
setup. I've tried w_scan (it finds signal on frequencies 506000,
530000, 538000 and 562000 in the pre-scan, but when it tries to tune
to these frequencies, it says no signal). scan dvb-t/uk-CrystalPalace
also gives tuning failed.

Any clues to what might be the problem? The only change from my
previous location is the signal, in the old flat I had a roof antenna
I put up myself, at this location I have a TV signal provided by a
wall socket. I am wondering what might be different here, as my STB
is able to receive all previously received freeview channels after a
retune.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com