[linux-dvb] Lock on Kworld DVB-S 100 broken on 2.6.18-rc

Garnet MacPhee garnet at signalpeak.net
Thu Sep 14 15:07:32 CEST 2006

I am still having problems with my Kworld DVB-S 100 with the most recent 2.6.18-rc kernels, including rc7 which I tried
yesterday. It sets up the devices correctly now, but when doing a scan it will not lock unless the signal is VERY strong.
This eliminates nearly all of the channels I have been able to tune. I believe there have been changes in the tuning
algorithm with the cx24123 cards. If it does find a channel it can lock in on, the reception is as good as it ever was.

This problem does not exist on the 2.6.17 to series of kernels. After testing 2.6.18-rc7 yesterday I reverted back
to and all is well.

I can't help with coding but I will test and report back if anyone has a patch.