[linux-dvb] scanning with dvbscan on turksat 42.0

w-thiel at gmx.net w-thiel at gmx.net
Thu Sep 14 17:21:33 CEST 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 01:30:40PM +0200, Halim Sahin wrote:
> On Do, Sep 14, 2006 at 11:57:46 +0200, w-thiel at gmx.net wrote:
> > Manually?
> > The service description tables on 42 east are often quite wrong in what
> > they report.
> Thats really bad.
> You mean that I must adjust these thing after a scan manually?

> Vdr gets wrong vallues while adding new transponders etc and I don't
> want to edit the list every week because the turkish broatcaster often
> change the transponders.
If you don't use DiSEqC you can just leave the wrong values as they are.
Or convince vdr somehow to move the dish to 42 degrees east, if it finds
0 degrees in the channels.conf. Or: disable automatic updates of the
channels.conf file and only allow it every now and then.

> Isn't there another scan utility?
They would give the same result, as the transmitted info is simply wrong.

> What about home sat receivers?
> They don't need anything after a channelscan!!!
They will work only if they don't use DiSEqC to move a dish.
Or they will use some tricks in their software.
You could do the same: patching dvbscan and vdr to replace 0 with 42e and
hope that other sat positions you use don't have wrong infos as well.