[linux-dvb] Lifeview LR306 clone does not receive ch 7.

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Thu Sep 14 22:16:32 CEST 2006

Hi, Peter

Peter D. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an MSI TV at nywhere A/D that mostly works when "saa7134 card=94"
> is in /etc/modprobe.preload.  One of the interesting quirks is that
> it does not recognize digital channel 7.  (I think that that is
> transmitted on physical channel 6.)  It can find and display all of
> the other channels, digital and analogue, in the local area
> (Melbourne Australia).  Signal strength should be O.K.  My other
> dvb-t card can receive all of the local channels, including ch 7.
>
> Any clues?

This can easily be a problem in your channels.conf file. There are
2 possible causes:
- some onf the conding parameters like FEC or GI are wrong. Some channel
   decoder ignore them, the driver for the tda10046 does not.
- In some countries, the transmitters are +/- 167kHz off the center
   frequencies. With the current driver, the tda10046 can't lock with this
   offset,you need to correct the center frequency.

Good luck
    Hartmut