[linux-dvb] Where does the firmware come from

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Sat Sep 16 20:44:44 CEST 2006

On Thursday 14 September 2006 12:12, Mark Howells wrote:

> BTW, I am still no further with my Freecom stick which exhibits the same
> issues as yours (recv_bulk failures and odd tuning requirements). I suspect
> that the recv_bulk errors are due to a poor USB implememntation on the
> stick - it does draw a lot of power. I'm going to try running mine against
> an independantly powered hub for comparison.

I just bought a new pci usb card, and all my bulk failures have gone away.

Googling around the net, a card based on the ALI chips seem to exhibit lots of
problems that this failure shows up.

My new card had a VIA chip, and since installing it this morning I haven't had
any such problems. Still need to make sure my signal is top notch.  I can
easily tune to the BBC channels, but the ITV ones need almost no segments of
co-ax, and a small amplifier to get to work - despite being so close the the
powerful Crystal Palace.
--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk