[linux-dvb] Where does the firmware come from

Mark Howells Mark.Howells at softoption.com
Mon Sep 18 12:04:45 CEST 2006

Excellent news - my hub should arrive today - I'll try it out asap. I really hope it works as I'm right out of other ideas. I even built the drivers on another PC that exhibited very similar problems. The unit gets really hot too...

> Googling around the net, a card based on the ALI chips seem
> to exhibit lots of problems that this failure shows up.
>
> My new card had a VIA chip, and since installing it this
> morning I haven't had any such problems. Still need to make
> sure my signal is top notch.  I can easily tune to the BBC
> channels, but the ITV ones need almost no segments of co-ax,
> and a small amplifier to get to work - despite being so close
> the the powerful Crystal Palace.

I have another card (Hauppauge Nova-T/PCI) that my antenna feeds quite happily so I should be OK. I had read that this Freecom unit is very sensitive so I'm a bit surprised at your finding.

Mark