[linux-dvb] Re: remote controls for integrated ir-receivers

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 14:07:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

did you try to enable debugging for the dvb-usb module?

parm:           debug:set debugging level
(1=info,xfer=2,pll=4,ts=8,err=16,rc=32,fw=64 (or-able)). (debugging is
not enabled) (int)
parm:           disable_rc_polling:disable remote control polling
(default: 0). (int)

modprobe dvb-usb debug=32 (for remote control debugging I guess)

here are the current values for your remote control (dtt200u.c):
/* remote control */
/* key list for the tiny remote control (Yakumo, don't know about the others) */
static struct dvb_usb_rc_key dtt200u_rc_keys[] = {
        { 0x80, 0x01, KEY_MUTE },
        { 0x80, 0x02, KEY_CHANNELDOWN },
        { 0x80, 0x03, KEY_VOLUMEDOWN },
        { 0x80, 0x04, KEY_1 },
        { 0x80, 0x05, KEY_2 },
        { 0x80, 0x06, KEY_3 },
        { 0x80, 0x07, KEY_4 },
        { 0x80, 0x08, KEY_5 },
        { 0x80, 0x09, KEY_6 },
        { 0x80, 0x0a, KEY_7 },
        { 0x80, 0x0c, KEY_ZOOM },
        { 0x80, 0x0d, KEY_0 },
        { 0x80, 0x0e, KEY_SELECT },
        { 0x80, 0x12, KEY_POWER },
        { 0x80, 0x1a, KEY_CHANNELUP },
        { 0x80, 0x1b, KEY_8 },
        { 0x80, 0x1e, KEY_VOLUMEUP },
        { 0x80, 0x1f, KEY_9 },
};

Markus

On 9/18/06, Jan Schenk <jan.schenk at weltderwunder.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 September 2006 11:38, Jan Schenk wrote:
> > The IR-Receiver inside the DVB-T-stick is recognized and set up correctly
> > on /dev/input/event2, but the receiver only and only partially recognizes
> > the Yakumo remote control, which came with the device.
> >
> > If this is a problem, which has its roots in dvb-usb at all, is there a
> way
> > to learn, which RCs are supported?
>
> anyone?
>
> well, i think i understood the following by now (hopefully, somebody will
> correct me, or, even better, confirm):
>
> for all known devices, there are files
> in /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb, which have a table / array of
> known keycodes in them. for the freecom / yakumo dvb-t stick, this should
> be:
> dtt200u.c and object-file, right?
>
> now if i owned a hauppauge remote control, all i'd have to do is copying the
> keycode table over from nova-t-usb2.c, and i'd have a working input device
> for this remote, that i could happily pass over to inputlircd?
>
> what's the correct way of determining these codes for a new remote control?
> can i dump the not_key_tabled-keycodes somewhere? a working lircd (not
> inputlircd) maybe?
>
> Thanks for your help!
> jan
>
> --