[linux-dvb] Preliminary support of Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual(take 2)

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Tue Sep 19 08:28:09 CEST 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Steven Toth wrote:

> > I think you mean line 70 in dib0700_devices.c
> >
> > dib0700_set_gpio(adap->dev, GPIO0, GPIO_OUT, 0); msleep(10); // LNA
> >
> > It work better for me. I can tune all the channels.
> >
> Patrick,
>
> In the windows driver we leave the LNA off at all times, but have a registry
> override to allow users to enable it. It's a single LNA for both tuners -
> hence, it has its problems.
>
> Switching the LNA dynamically in a TV app isn't something the API allows. How
> about a module load param?

As updating an LNA (or something else) is very board specific, I put
callback "update_lna" in dib3000mc_config. I will call this after starting
the AGCs to see if the LNA has to be turned on or not (taking the agc
response into account). For that I would like to know, what is the gain of
the LNA when turned on? (So that I can adjust the thresholds when to turn
on or off). Maybe we need to make an average of both channels, not that we
kill one channel by only taking the other one into account.

Or is a module_parameter enough? (I don't like this, because the majority
of users does not even now what is a module, which is good).

best regards,
Patrick.

  Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de