[linux-dvb] Looking for drivers for eMPIA USB stick

Mark Howells Mark.Howells at softoption.com
Wed Sep 20 12:45:08 CEST 2006

Hi

   _____

From: linux-dvb-bounces at linuxtv.org [mailto:linux-dvb-bounces at linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of Mark Howells
Sent: 19 September 2006 21:07

I now have a new USB stick to play with, but I can't find a driver for it and it's not listed in dvb-usb-ids.h. It's unbranded but carries a product code of
    "VS-DVBT 355U"

Upon plugging the device, lsusb reports the device as
    "Bus 1 Device 6: ID eb1a:e357 eMPIA Technology, Inc."

The full lsusb -v listing is listed at the end of this post. Can anyone identify this device and suggest a suitable driver?

I have discovered that this device contains a empia 2870 chip. There's a V4L project supporting the em28XX line so I'll try there .

Cheers

mark