[linux-dvb] STREAMDEV: synchronize time with server patch (against CVS)

Nick Andrew nick-linuxtv at nick-andrew.net
Mon Apr 2 17:15:25 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 02:44:30PM +0200, alexw wrote:
> This patch enhances the streamdev plugin by adding client time
> synchronization. Time synchronization needs to be enabled on the client side
> under streamdev plugin setup. In such case, time synchronization will occur
> every channel request(switch).

I don't know anything about streamdev, but wouldn't this be more useful
implemented as an NTP clock source (stratum 0)? NTP takes care of
synchronising the system clock, measuring drift and so on, and can
share the time information with peers to keep them accurate too.
There might need to be two backends; one to set the system time
directly and another to talk to NTP.

Nick.