[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC] multi std silicon tuners and analog tuners

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu Apr 5 22:31:34 CEST 2007

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Also, for silicon tuners, we have a recent case, where tda897x deals
> with dvb, while tda8290 deals also with tda897x, but for v4l.

Please leave tda8290 / tda8275(a) alone for now.  Hartmut and I have some big
changes coming, and external changes made to those files will screw us up.

FYI, tda8290 is predominantly a driver for the analog IF demod.  The tuning code
itself can easily be factored into a unified tuning sub-module, useable by both
subsystems.  I have plans to do this now, without any need for API changes.

Once we reach agreement on how we handle hybrid silicon, I will handle the
conversion for the tda827x tuners.

Regards,

Michael Krufky