[Bulk] Re: [Bulk] [linux-dvb] ati hdtv wonder in gentoo amd64

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 09:10:40 CEST 2007

On 4/11/07, Brett Taylor <sweet.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, I was able to pull in video from a few QAM channels using cable
> plugged in to the "DTV" port.  The tuner has "DTV" and "Cable".  DTV
> is the digital tuner, obviously, and is normally where they (ATI)
> want you to plug in the antenna.  I was able to view DTV using the
> antenna before when I ran gentoo i686.  I cannot remember what kernel
> I was using.
>
> i forgot tha tI still had gentoo 32bit still installed on one of my
> partitions, so I logged back in to test out my card.  I was running
> 2.6.19-gentoo and I was able to tune QAM channels using dvbscan, but
> I could not test them with mplayer because it kept saying that it
> could not open my dvb device.  azap -r [chan name] worked fine, but i
> have no idea which of the 351 channels actually produced video, or
> sound.  I don't use that gentoo install because something borked the
> hal+usb system so my mouse is supremely lagged and I can't figure out
> why, so I was on CLI the entire time.  But again, the us-Cable-HRC-
> center-frequencies list produced usable data.
>
> rebooted back in to amd64 w/ vanilla 2.6.20.6, and I still can't tune
> any channels, qam with cable or atsc with rf antenna.  but, mplayer
> can open the dvb device, but of course errors out when there is no
> channels.
>
> I just tried rebuilding v4l-dvb-hg, and it errored out with the same
> message as before.  I'm goign to try and revert to the gentoo sources
> again to see what happens.

(didn't read everything here)

but regarding "I cannot emerge v4l-dvb-hg, I get build error"

 /var/tmp/portage/media-tv/v4l-dvb-hg-0.1-r2/work/v4l-dvb/v4l/...

try to compile it in /var/tmp/v4l-dvb instead that long path (so no
v4l-dvb-hg-0.1-r2), some people had the same problems when checking
out my repository in strange directorynames (I guess there's something
wrong with a script but I haven't looked at it, it should work if you
just compile it in a "sane" directoryname)

Markus

Markus Rechberger