[linux-dvb] requesting public review of the HVR3000 framework changes

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Wed Apr 11 19:29:46 CEST 2007

Simon Santoro wrote:
> Hello all!
> I am probably the wrong person to do this, but I own a Haupauge
> HVR-3000, and I am using Steven Toths driver[1][2] since a few months
> with no problems (except disecq support) with kernel 2.6.17.
> Currently that tree does not compile against 2.6.20 - it is 6 months
> old, and it would be really sad to see support for that card go away.
> So as asked by Steven himself[3] i'd like to "urge the public review of
> the HVR3000 framework changes" (whatever that means :)).
> I don't know by whom this tree should be reviewed, but can please
> someone that has the skills other than Steven himself have a look at it?
>
> Thanks, and I hope I did not make an idiot out of myself with this mail.
>
> Bye
>

> [1]http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/hvr3000
> [2]http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/hvr3000?cmd=changeset;node=3f78be7007f6effe27654a45dce8ed9a734e22c0;style=gitweb
> [3]http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-February/016106.html

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not the right person to review the changes, but I too
have been using Steven Toths driver for a few months with kernel 2.6.18.
  Analog and DVB-S are working fine for me (don't have a DVB-T signal to
test with).

I'd also like to see these changes reviewed and hopefully get integrated
into the mainstream DVB tree(and into the kernel tree as well) - it
would be a shame to loose support for this card.

Robert.