[linux-dvb] Afatech af9005 unstable reception [added: mt2060 gain control?]

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Apr 14 16:13:19 CEST 2007

En/na P. van Gaans ha escrit:

[please, keep this on list, and avoid top posting, I hate it and I was
tempted to ignore your message ]

> Thanks, I tried but I get a load of compilation errors. I don't know if
> I have a mt2060.

Look in the syslog, you should see an "MT2060: successfully identified"
or if you have a qt1010 "Quantek QT1010 successfully identified.".

> I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, I tried

Oop, there's an error there. In the second block between #if 0...#endif
there's a "if (strong) {" line, change that to "if (state->strong) {"

> debugging it but my little PHP knowledge is not enough to debug C code.
> I just uncommented everything that said something about the strong
> signal, maybe I uncommented too much?

there are just two sections of code in function af9005_fe_read_status
enclosed in "#if 0" just change that to "#if 1".

To the rest of the list, maybe there should be a standardized way to
adjust tuner gain in dvb_tuner_ops or is the mt2060 the only tuner with
adjustable gain (even if in its current incarnation mt2060.c doesn't do it)?

Bye

--
Luca