[linux-dvb] Twinhan vp7045, fighting for a lost cause ?

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 21:18:04 CEST 2007

Perfect,

I`m currently writing a parser in perl that converts the new firmware that
´ve extracted from the windows file
to the "same" format that is used in the old vp7045 card.
I´ve enhanced the dvb_usb_get_firmware.pl to download and extract the new
vp7045 firmware from the windows driver, but either the load code needs to
be rewritten or the firmware reformatted, both will probably work but I
don´t know wich one is the best way to go.
The new stick has a lowpower version of the FX2 usb controller, so the
current loader "should" work, but I think it needs to load the firmware
in chunks of 64 bytes (this is how windows does it) instead of one 8192 byte
chunk as the current formatting tells windows  (this is why I´m converting
the firmware, to verify this theory).

"Based on usb snoop data, I was able to write a patch to the dvb-usb code
so it could distinguish between the two devices. That was as far as I
got. I don't know of anyone else who has gone any further."

That patch would be very very good for me.

Any information you can supply me with is greatly appriciated.
Also do the old cards work with the new firmware ?

If or when we get a firmware on the stick do  we need to attach another
modified frontend to handle the  TDA10046 or will that
be the end it ?

/Henrik