[linux-dvb] Re: Hybrid tuner proposal (V4L/DVB)

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:17:15 CEST 2007

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2007, Manu Abraham wrote:
>> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>>
>>> I believe many people ("users") would like em28xx to be merged
>>> asap, so I'm trying to find a way how it could be done.
>> IMHO, code that which is bad should be fixed and then only be accepted
>> into the project. I don't see any reason for any person/project to be
>> given any special status and things should work just as normally.
>>
>> It is completely wrong  to artificially create a huge importance/need
>> and doing things -- Incorrect way of doing things.
>
> It's not artificial. The em28xx merge has been delayed for more than
> a year with little visible progress.
>
> That's a disaster.

We have had discussions that have been outstanding since 2005. Don't you
feel the same on those ? Do you know how many people were/are still
anxiously looking forward, Sorry not just people -- OSS projects
(applications and so on), Commercial projects and so on.

> And it doesn't really matter whose fault it is.
>

> If you have technical reasons why Markus' code shouln't be
> merged (like "breaks support for the X card", or even
> "breaks all non-em28xx cards" or "crashes under SMP" etc.),
> then you should let us know about it.
>

> Note that your hybrid tuner proposal is not dismissed
> by merging Markus' code, however time is important here,
> and I don't think it's OK to delay the merge another
> couple of weeks/months until your proposal is fully
> implemented, tested and merged.

As i said, completely upto you. Don't have anything more to say.

Manu