[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T 500 windows driver update fixes reception problems

chris dance dance.chris at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 04:15:35 CEST 2007

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have discussed with the people involved with Hauppauge at DiBcom and
> wanted to know the problem.
>
> They explained me, that the actual problem/mistake is the broadcaster:
> They are using SFNs (single-frequency network, a DVB-T mux is transmitted
> by several, geographically different, transmitters) and each transmitter
> has its own cell-id in the TPS. As the channels are the same, the cell-id
> should be the same as well.
>
> I have the register settings for the dib3000p and dib7000p (no rev-eng
> necessary) which disable some algos to work-around that. However I would
> like to make that a module-load option, because here in France and afaik
> in Berlin, Germany, the SFNs are OK and disable the algos may cost other
> performance problems.
>
> I will try to prepare a patch for that as soon as I can.

Hi Patrick,

I'm also affected by this region specific problem (in Melbourne,
Australia) and have been following this thread.  I was about to give
up on the card, and dare I say, admit defeat and sell it off to a
Windows user!  It's good to see that you have a good relationship with
the chip manufacturers and have managed to secure the knowledge to
resolve the problem as they have done so with the windows drivers.

I don't have any driver development experience so I can't assist you
here on the code side but I'd be more than happy to apply any
diffs/patches and test as appropriate.  Also assisting with
documentation might be another way I can reciprocate.  Please let me
know if I can help out in any way.

Cheers,

Chris