[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate T750

John Newbigin jnewbigin at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 20 11:46:28 CEST 2007

It turns out a scope is not required.  Using
http://warmcat.com/milksop/cheapi2c.html I have successfully snooped on
the i2c bus and hopefully this will enable me to make some progress.

I soldered some wires onto the data and clock pins of the EEPROM.  It is
a 1.8v IC but measurements show it is running at 5v.  This allowed me to
hook them up directly to the parallel port on a linux box to to the
recording.  Works like a charm, and even tallies with the existing v4l
driver code.   Now to find the differences...

John.