[linux-dvb] Re: Technotrend DVB-C C-1200 TT-Connect

Mario Rossi mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 21 18:28:09 CEST 2007

>I have one of these devices running under kernel 2.6.18 with MythTV
>(Gentoo). I am seeing a lot of artefacts and picture jitter while
>watching live tv. I suspect this has something to do with speed of USB
>1.1.

>I am able to reboot into Windows and test the device with the original
>device drivers under ProgDVB. Under windows, I see no such artefacts
>or jitter and everything appears to work fine. One thing that I
>noticed though is that the LED on the front of the device changes to
>RED when watching a programme under Windows. Under Linux, the driver
>loads correctly, but the LED stays GREEN. I am battling to find any
>documentation with regard to what this means.

>Does anyone have any experience with this device who can point me in
>the right direction? Have you had similar problems etc? Any assistance
>would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I would like to buy the same card to receive DVB-C from Virgin Media in the UK.
It seems that this is the only DVB-C USB card supported by Linux (and
one of the very few existing).
I've sent recently a couple of mails to the mailing list trying to get
some info about it, but they went both unanswered.
I've found the card on eBay for 80 EUR, but I would like to know
whether (and how) it works before proceeding.

Btw, which cable provider do you have?

Cheers