[linux-dvb] Suggestions for T750

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:24:31 CEST 2007

Hi,

did you see the existing xc3028 driver on mcentral.de?

http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/v4l-dvb-experimental/
xc3028-tuner.c (it's implemented in the em28xx, saa7134 and cx88 there)

That driver supports xc3028, xc2028, xc3018 chips, you might have some
issues with the firmwares, best would be to try existing packages.

What kind of device is that?
PCI/Conexant, or something else?

Markus

On 4/23/07, John Newbigin <jnewbigin at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Here I go replying to myself again.
>
> I have had some success with loading the firmware.  I has a suspicion
> that I needed to twiddle the GPIO pins but could not get it to work.
> Studying the xc3028 driver showed me the way.  The GPIO needs to be
> first cleared and then set before continuing.
>
> The xc3028 is very similar to the xc2028 and they could use a common
> driver.  I don't understand how the firmware file is stored for the
> xc3028 though.  I assume that multiple chunks are encoded into one file
> somehow.
>
> There is also another firmware chunk which is needed for FM radio
> support so I don't know how that would be added.
>
> Anyway, I have loading firmware but still no TV.  I think I am close though.
>
> i2c traces and firmware can be downloaded from here
> http://www.chrysocome.net/downloads/t750-logs-0.1.tar.gz
>
> I'll try and clean up my code and post a patch tomorrow.
>
> John.
>
> John Newbigin wrote:
> > I have made some slow progress with the T750.  I have implemented
> >
> > After loading the firmware, there are some commands (known as the
> > 'MAGIC VALUES') which need to be issued.  These are the same as for
> > the CX3028.  After this final write, my card does another write and
> > then a read, but when I attempt the final read command the chip locks
> > up and returns BUSY.
> >
> > Once this happens, the card has to be powered off to reset everything.
> >
> > Can anyone offer some suggestions of things to try.  I have the
> > feeling I am very close.
> >
> > I have i2c traces if anyone wants to see them but they are quite large.
> >
> > John.

Markus Rechberger