[linux-dvb] uk-EmleyMoorHuddersfield and uk-TaptonHillSheffield

James Gregory jgxenite at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 23:59:39 CEST 2007

> Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:15:46 +0100
> From: Kev <kev at oddworld.name>
> Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] uk-EmleyMoorHuddersfield and
>         uk-TaptonHillSheffield
> To: linux-dvb <linux-dvb at linuxtv.org>
>
> Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> >
> > On 23 Apr 2007, at 14:32, James Gregory wrote:
> >

> >> I'm new to this whole DVB business, but am getting into it now :). A
> >> few submissions - it seems that the uk-EmleyMoor file in dvb-apps is
> >> wrong - I've attached an updated version (uk-EmleyMoorHuddersfield)
> >> that works for me. Also, I'd like to add a uk-TaptonHillSheffield (or
> >> just uk-Sheffield) file for the transmitter in Sheffield.
> >
> > Are you sure the frequencies are supposed to be without offset?
> >

> Sheffield does not have the frequencies offset but Emley Moor does.
>
> For Reference:
>
> http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_advice/digital_trans_guide/index.asp-region=show_all.html

I don't entirely know what this "offset" business is, but the file I
supplied worked (mostly, but I had to use a portable aerial at the
time, not a normal one, and it wasn't a line of sight location either)
without these offsets.

I have been informed that there is a uk-Sheffield file already in the
repository. I have tested that one and it works fine, so no need to
commit mine (for whoever deals with that kind of thing :).

James
--
James Gregory
e: jgxenite at gmail.com