[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 remote control repeating buttons

James Lawrence james.lawrence at pobox.com
Tue Apr 24 02:13:29 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a strange problem with the infra-red remote control that
came with my Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 TV card. Has anyone else
experienced it and does anyone know a solution?

I press a key on the remote - let's call it A (it can be any key).
Later I press another key - let's call it B.
On the second key press, LIRC will recognize AB - ie it will repeat
the previous key, immediately followed by the key just pressed. This
happens regardless of the length of time between key presses, even
overnight.

This problem has been consistent for over a year with a number of systems:

system 1:
AMD64 3200+  CPU
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard with NFORCE3 chipset
64 bit SuSE OSS 10.0 with a 2.6.13 kernel and drivers compiled from the
v4l-dvb in December 2005

system 2 (actually system 1 with a different linux distribution):
AMD64 3200+  CPU
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard with NFORCE3 chipset
Gentoo Linux with 2.6.15r5 kernel

system 3:
AMD64x2 4600+ CPU
ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard
Fedora core 6 with kernel label "2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 #1 SMP Tue Apr 10
17:46:00 EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux"

I first posted a message to this group regarding this problem in March
last year:
see http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-March/008705.html

Regards,
James