[linux-dvb] possible afatech af9005 bug

P. van Gaans w3ird_n3rd at gmx.net
Wed Apr 25 03:31:10 CEST 2007

Sorry, that doesn't seem to help, I don't see any difference at all. It
doesn't seem to hurt either.

Some extra info: I see a lot of "Getting frontend event" and
"polling...." from Kaffeine. Especially a lot of "polling....".

Often looks like:

polling....
Getting frontend event
polling....
Getting frontend event
polling....
Getting frontend event
polling....
polling....
polling....
polling....
polling....
polling....

And after some more polling it gives up and tries another frequency
where the same thing repeats. Just two times "getting" happens as well.
Sometimes more "getting" also happens. But almost always when it is done
"getting" it keeps polling for a while before switching to another
frequency. Sometimes I get "Invalid section length or timeout : pid=17"
or "Invalid section length or timeout : pid=0".

On 762Mhz however I can make a successful scan (reproducable), almost
immediatly it starts loading the channels. Takes a few sec and looks
like this: polling, getting, polling, getting, polling, getting, Event:
Frequency: 762000000 and from there on it starts loading channels
normally. The polling/getting seems to go faster here as well. Maybe
this makes the problem more clear (or maybe it doesn't, I'm not sure).

P.