[linux-dvb] possible afatech af9005 bug

P. van Gaans w3ird_n3rd at gmx.net
Wed Apr 25 17:56:29 CEST 2007

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na P. van Gaans ha escrit:
>
>> Sorry, that doesn't seem to help, I don't see any difference at all.
>> It doesn't seem to hurt either.
>

> Not that I was really expecting it to help (after all it cannot report
> an mpeg sync without a tps lock, or can it?), but it was the only thing
> I could think of driver side.
>
> Bye

Sorry Luca, but my e-mail client automatically starts at the top of the
message (Thunderbird), in any e-mail conversation with companies I
receive top-posted replies (and they expect me to top-post back or else
I risk not getting a response) and trust me it's really hard to remember
to do a different posting style just for one person. I'm trying but it's
so easy to forget. If bottom-posting were the "standard" I would use it
by default but it simply isn't, at least not in e-mail. It's not
intentional, I don't mean to annoy you but how can I remember?

I gave "scan" a go and scan is a lot faster than Kaffeine. And good
thing, more frequencies allow to be scanned, but still not all. On the
ones that don't work I get "(tuning failed)". But if the driver wouldn't
be the problem I couldn't explain why the MSI scans (also in Kaffeine)
without problems. So "scan" works better.. I'm not far enough into the
technical stuff to explain this.