[linux-dvb] dvb_ca_en50221.c,h - a hook needed

Akiva Sadovski akivas at scopus.net
Wed Aug 1 19:32:04 CEST 2007

Dear all,
  I'm working on a driver for a SCM's CIMaX chip (http://www.scmmicro.com/ir/pdf/10K-Q4-04.pdf - DVB-CI interface). The driver is supposed to be used at our proprietary HW platform. I'd like to use the dvb-core as a (great) platform for the driver.
However, IMHO it lacks the following functionality:

  before using the CIMaX chip I have to set up some registers that configure the voltages it uses, pin assignment etc,

  the most natural place to do it is while open()-ing the device, but the dvb_ca_en50221_io_open() has no hook
  (smth like int (*slot_reset)() ) available,

  and I don't want to put any chip-wide initialization code to driver's init function (the driver is supposed to deal with
  with few CIMaXes)

  Any ideas ?

thanks in advance,
   Akiva Sadovski